By Claire Brownell
- 182: Total number of Windsor real estate purchases made by Moroun, or a company or individual with ties to Moroun, that The Star was able to identify. Some of the purchases were for more than one property. Since he often makes the purchases through a numbered company or a lawyer who holds the property in trust, it’s possible he owns even more.
- 139: The number of houses, apartment buildings and residential vacant lots Moroun owns in Sandwich.
- $52 million: Total amount Moroun has spent on property in Windsor that The Star was able to identify
- $31.9 million: Total amount Moroun has spent on houses and apartment buildings in Sandwich.* That’s slightly more than the $30 million he spent to purchase the Ambassador Bridge in 1979.
- $12.9 million: The amount those houses and apartment buildings in Sandwich are worth today.**
- 14: The number of Indian Road homes Moroun bought on May 21, 1996 – his first property purchases on the street.
- 60: The number of Sandwich properties Moroun bought 10 years later throughout 2006 – his second big wave of property purchases in the neighbourhood.
- 5: The number of Sandwich properties Moroun bought in 2013, between Oct. 3 and Oct. 18
- $333,000: Moroun’s 2013 tax bill for his residential properties in Windsor.**
- $3.8 million: The most money Moroun has ever spent on a single Windsor property. This was the purchase price for 747 Huron Church Rd., a commercial building, in 2002.
*Eight properties had a listed sale price of $1 or $2. Someone appears to have blanked out a larger amount of money on the title documents for some of these properties.
** This does not include four properties The Star could not locate assessment information for.
Originally posted in the Windsor Star